Author Topic: Riding from Los Angeles to New York City- Who's completed the trip? Suggestions?  (Read 1142 times)

Offline tcfranklin

• Roaming America Member
  • Your Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
Greetings fellow bikers,

I'm riding across the country from Los Angeles to New York City. I've done my research and am eager to learn even more from anyone who has actually made the journey, either solo or with a group.

I leave in two weeks. Sept 22nd.

I plan on an iron but haul, 1000 miles from L.A. to Denver for the first leg.
I have family in Colorado and will regroup for several days upon arrival.

Chicago is next to visit my son and new grand-daughter, followed by parents in Ohio, friends in Pennsylvania and finally, best friends in NYC.

Route suggestions? Must see's and must-stop eateries?

With gratitude, for any and all comments and suggestions
TC

Online nomad

• RaU Pioneer
  • TiredLess Rider
  • Your Location: S. Florida
Welcome to the group TC!
I don't know how much time that you'll reserve for the trip, and you will hotel or camp, but I have a suggestion, which you may want to do it whenever you have a chance, ROUTE 66.
The reason that this idea is coming to my mind, as you are from S. CA and your family is in Chicago, perfect.
Other than that, bring warm clothes and rain suit, as September is a cool month in many location.
Have fun and ride safe.
Nick
2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited

Offline tcfranklin

• Roaming America Member
  • Your Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
Thanks for the advice Nick! O0

Online nomad

• RaU Pioneer
  • TiredLess Rider
  • Your Location: S. Florida
You are welcome!
Of course, you can head north, and take the whole north route through Yosemite, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Custer Wildlife National park toward Chicago.
There are so many wonderful routes, and I hope you don't mind to share what your route will be to everyone. :)
Nick
2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited

Riding Across USA on Facebook

Please "like us". Thanks!

RaU's Sponsors

Facebook Comments