Author Topic: im 49 retired in SINY- looking to ride cross country this summer 2015 ANY TAKERS  (Read 2394 times)

Offline YO BRO

• BIKES ARE GREAT ! BEER IS GOOD ! AND THE ROAD IS CRAZY !
  • Senior Dude
  • Roaming America Member
  • Your Location: STATEN ISLAND N.Y.
Steppenwolf ?? cool band in the late 60s early 70s...Related , Member or Fan ?
Pleasure to meet you anyway...
So what is it about the open road ? are we sightseeing ? looking for something ? Running from something ? or just trying to clear our heads from everyday bs for a minute.
The reality is we can all read, open a book , watch a movie of these places that we are all searching for. Is it the actual presence of the moment ? or is it the challenge of the ride that we strive for.Pushing ourselves and our machines to extremes. Maybe just a cheap way to escape ? I dont know..does it satisfy you mentally and physically when you have reached that moment when you pull up to your destination?
Am I getting too deep ? lol

Offline Steppenwolf

• General Moderator
  • TiredLess Rider
A fan from way back.
Why do we wanna be on the road.
Well as a driver I got to get around and travel and see alot of things I would not have seen other wise.
Delivered to alot of prisons,scary and sad.
Hospitals,meat plants,got to drive in upper Michigan and northern Illinois during the blizzard of 78-79
Who could work all day inside a factory and wait for that two week vacation?
Bikes with take you where ever you wanna go but you know if it's nice,cold,hot, rainy and not be having to look thru the windows of a cage and you meet alot of nice people along the way ;D
1980 Yamaha XS 1100 SG

Offline YO BRO

• Senior Dude
  • Roaming America Member
INCARCERATION SUCKS !!!
25 YEARS BEHIND THE WHEEL OF A BIG RIG IS SIMILAR WITHOUT THE CRIME. Were all prisoners of the system in some way or another, with or without the bars.
Rules and regulations are what make the world go round.
I drove as an o/o northeast regional for JB who is very strict about being punctual. driving those 53s in and out of Manhattans little italy and chinatown without so much as a scratch in 25 yrs of driving.Man times have changed,lol, funny,,,i remeber when i first started driving how the ol timers would say the same thing..now look....ehhh who gives a crap,,i did my time ,now im free as a bird....lol

Do you aver get bored or tired of riding your bike ?

Offline Steppenwolf

• General Moderator
  • TiredLess Rider
Good for you on the safe driving record.I only ran from Maine to WDC one time and then never east past PA.
With the new HOS rules and computers in the trucks and stricter enforcement of the laws took the fun out of it ;D
It's not if you know how to drive but if your paper work is correct.JB was pretty strict you say?
I see soo many double stack trains of those trailers it is unbelievable.
Tired of riding,not yet. Might get tired while riding or wonder why I ride if I am wet and cold but after 48 years on the street I still wanna ride,just not as much in one day:-)

1980 Yamaha XS 1100 SG

Offline YO BRO

• Senior Dude
  • Roaming America Member
MAINE !! I ran a load of Poland spring out of there. I also got stuck at the plant for the entire weekend..man i was bored out of my mind...how much water can you drink ? lol...and then ran the load to Georgia where i dumped it off at a Walmart facility...ironically i picked up a load of Budweiser just outside of Atlanta after i dropped. It was all worth it !!!! lol
Im betting you hated driving that far north east ? Its hard for some-others not.
 Mannnnn those damn computers fd me up all the time...i was always getting called into the office because of running over my hours..
luckily i was just about finished at that point in my career..
Getting off subject for a min..
I remember about 10 years ago they installed the first front braking camera on the front of my truck , they were testing the cameras on tt to see if they would work on trucks as well..
I proved them wrong lol...Really..how do you make an 80,000 lb truck stop by computer..you run it into a ditch...that was my only incident and the last truck with a camera lets say.
Anyhow...riding in the rain is awesome....sunny days are for sissy's.....lol..i used to feel that way now after riding for a few hours i get sciatic nerve pain that shoots down my ass to the tip of my toes but only in my left leg.....lol .damn trucks fd me up...i guess all those years of jumpin out of the cab to the ground with using the steps are paying off...thats what i get for trying to look cool at the  truck stops...i hear yall...WANT SOME CHEESE WITH THAT WINE !! ok ill stop...lol
BIKES ARE GREAT AND BEER IS GOOD AND THE ROAD IS CRAZY  !!! WOOOHOOO !!!

Offline YO BRO

• Senior Dude
  • Roaming America Member

BIKES ARE GREAT AND BEER IS GOOD AND THE ROAD IS CRAZY  !!! WOOOHOOO !!!

Riding Across USA on Facebook

Please "like us". Thanks!

RaU's Sponsors

Facebook Comments