Author Topic: im 49 retired in SINY- looking to ride cross country this summer 2015 ANY TAKERS  (Read 2379 times)

Offline YO BRO

• BIKES ARE GREAT ! BEER IS GOOD ! AND THE ROAD IS CRAZY !
  • Senior Dude
  • Roaming America Member
  • Your Location: STATEN ISLAND N.Y.
Hello fellow riders,
I'm Greg. a 49 yr old retired tractor trailer driver who wants to ride my roadstar 1600 silverado from the atlantic (S.I.N.Y.) to the pacific, and back again...I have no real tentative plans, nothing is in stone but I just want to get some feedback on this and maybe see if anyone or everyone wants to come along for the ride...[/color]

Online nomad

• RaU Pioneer
  • TiredLess Rider
  • Your Location: S. Florida
Welcome Greg!
That will be awesome to cross the country.  have you done this kind of trip before? Just curious! :)
I hope someone may interest to join you in the next summer.
I also hope that I can make a round trip form FL to CA, via Sturgis in August 2015.
Keep us post!
Nick
2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited

Offline YO BRO

• Senior Dude
  • Roaming America Member
Thanks for the warm welcome Nick,
As i posted i have driven cross country in my big truck but its just not the same as you have to always run against the clock trying to make on-time deliveries. Finally I can just sit back and RIDE while  ACTUALLY enjoying the countryside. Maybe stopping for a few beers taking a few pictures along the way and then riding again..(if i feel like it) ..
Of course my gf wants to come with me but she understands that i need to get this out of my system ALONE ! I think she is just worried that I may never come back home again..lol.. but the reality of it is I have a home here in NYC and besides the fact that i love her I need her here to hold down the fort..as to say ...
So am I just utilizing this web space to vent lol...who knows but maybe there is someone on this site who will read this and maybe like to chew the fat about it.

Online nomad

• RaU Pioneer
  • TiredLess Rider
  • Your Location: S. Florida
I understand Greg! :)
The key is taking your time and enjoy the ride. It is a BIG PLUS to have your GF joining the adventure with you.
Many years ago, I rode like I just stole the bike, but in a few recent years, it took me almost double the time to cover the same distance. BUT, I see more, sleep better, eat better, and enjoy more. 8)
Best wish and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Nick

2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited

Offline YO BRO

• Senior Dude
  • Roaming America Member
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL !!

Offline Steppenwolf

• General Moderator
  • TiredLess Rider
Welcome to the site Greg.
If you have no time limits,take your time and try to figure out where you have always wanted to go and then plan on seeing as many as you can.Since you were a truck driver you know what the road is like and probably have favorite places to stop.
My first long trip I took my time and was gone for six weeks.You can always put long day miles on if you wanna get somewhere that day.Get off the big road at times,take rt30,rt66,rt50 to just have a more leisurely pace.
I was a regional driver years ago and ran about 13 states and like you had to kinda keep moving even when dog tired.
Ride safe.
1980 Yamaha XS 1100 SG

Riding Across USA on Facebook

Please "like us". Thanks!

RaU's Sponsors

Facebook Comments