Author Topic: new round here  (Read 556 times)

Offline vn750chopper

• Roaming America Member
  • Your Location: wytheville, virginia
new round here
« on: November 21, 2014, 09:01:51 PM »
  • Publish
  • stumbled across this site, looks like this is a great info filled place to be!well a little about me, im a farm equiptment mechanic who loves motorcycles and traveling on motorcycles. i live in southwest va. wytheville to be precise , small town at the intersection of i77 and i81 . i have several motorcycles in various stages of rideability , some you can ride  and some not quite yet. havent been a long distance rider to much yet, longest ride has been from wytheville to nags head nc. this past summer, loved every minute of it! ran rt. 58 and rt. 158 and 12 .... only way to vacation imo! planning a ride across the us this coming summer, wanna run rt. 50 from mid west virginia to sacramento cali, and then up pacific 1 and back across the us home, all this depends on everything going as planned and we all know that best laid plans..... usually dont work out as planned. so this is pretty much who i am and im looking forward to chatting with everyone here and hopefully i can gain some info on this long distance riding you guys do!

Online nomad

• RaU Pioneer
    • TiredLess Rider
    • Your Location: S. Florida
    Re: new round here
    « Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 09:19:16 PM »
  • Publish
  • Welcome from the Sunshine state (which is raining right now)! :)
    Thanks for stopping by. Crossing the USA is one of the greatest dream for everyone in the world.
    One thing I would like to suggest is, riding the highway 1 from north to south, so that will put you as close to the coast as possible.
    Who knows? we can into each other one day. :) How about Sturgis next year?
    Ride safe and have fun!
    Nick
    2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited

Offline vn750chopper

• Roaming America Member
    • Your Location: wytheville, virginia
    « Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 11:08:47 PM »
  • Publish
  • hmmm..... i can see the advantage of riding pc1 north to south , and maybe il run into you somewhere out there, always wanted to do sturgis but it seems so ...... commercialized? i dont know would be nice just to check it out.

Offline Steppenwolf

• General Moderator
    • TiredLess Rider
    « Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 09:08:02 PM »
  • Publish
  • Yuppers it does help to be on the west side south bound.All kinds of pull offs and places to just stop and wonder and look at the ocean.You won't be making any left turns which is safer and easier.

1980 Yamaha XS 1100 SG

Riding Across USA on Facebook

Please "like us". Thanks!

RaU's Sponsors

Facebook Comments