Author Topic: Just Joined  (Read 1383 times)

Offline noeta

• Roaming America Member
  • Your Location: Grove City, Pa.
Just Joined
« on: September 27, 2014, 11:25:08 PM »
  • Publish
  • Just joined the forum tonight and wanted to say hi.  I'm an older geezer just a month or two away from retiring and planning on adding some miles to my 2003 HD Road King.  I've had several bikes over the years to include some older Honda 250 enduros, Honda CX500, Kawasaki Vulcan 900LT and most recently my Road King (which I love).  I've yet to complete an "epic" tour but would love to do Pennsylvania to Oregon to California and back to Pa. after I retire.  Looking forward to some tips and advice and will add some pictures when I can.
    Jeff

Online nomad

• RaU Pioneer
    • TiredLess Rider
    • Your Location: S. Florida
    Re: Just Joined
    « Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 11:51:43 PM »
  • Publish
  • Welcome Jeff, from the sunshine state.
    That will be great to enjoy a retired life. Let us know when and how much time you plan to spend for yoir trip.
    There are always some must have items, regardless the time of year and the length of the trip, such as rainsuits. :)
    Nick
    2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited

Offline Steppenwolf

• General Moderator
    • TiredLess Rider
    « Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 08:58:27 PM »
  • Publish
  • Welcome to the site Jeff.Keep that dream alive after you retire and then do it!! ;D
    1980 Yamaha XS 1100 SG

Offline Bossman

• Roaming America Member
    • Your Location: Paris, KY
    « Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 06:52:34 PM »
  • Publish
  • Dude, I just read your post.  I had to register just to reply and say GOOD LUCK in retirement.  I too am just six months away from leaving the JOB.  And I too am planning a big trip across this great country!!   Me and the better half are planning thirty days for the trip.  15 days out to the west coast, and 15 days back.   I can hardly wait.  Anyway, again good luck Jeff.  I hope to see more posts from you!!

Offline Steppenwolf

• General Moderator
    • TiredLess Rider
    « Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 07:58:30 PM »
  • Publish
  • Welcome to the site Bossman.
    I too am looking forward to some pictures and a trip report.
    Paris Ky,I camp a lot just up the road from there in Blanchet,just south of Williamstown right off rt 25.
    30 days to do a cross country trip..not enough :) Soo much to see.Line up some friends to see if you have any out west.
    One word of advice to any going cross country..get a GOOD rain suit,it will be cold at times.
    1980 Yamaha XS 1100 SG

Offline noeta

• Roaming America Member
    • Your Location: Grove City, Pa.
    « Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 04:56:14 PM »
  • Publish
  • Dude, I just read your post.  I had to register just to reply and say GOOD LUCK in retirement.  I too am just six months away from leaving the JOB.  And I too am planning a big trip across this great country!!   Me and the better half are planning thirty days for the trip.  15 days out to the west coast, and 15 days back.   I can hardly wait.  Anyway, again good luck Jeff.  I hope to see more posts from you!!
    Bossman, I have to admit I'm just a little bit jealous as my wife has health issues that pretty much keep her from joining me on any really long trips such as you are planning.  I'll be flying solo when I head out to Oregon and California.  I have just nine more days to work as my company just lost their government contracts and had to shut down so I'm retiring a little early but I'm okay with that.  I've worked hard my whole life and now it's time to enjoy life to its fullest.  Best of luck on retirement and on your upcoming trip.

Riding Across USA on Facebook

Please "like us". Thanks!

RaU's Sponsors

Facebook Comments