Author Topic: New Member Here...Hello!  (Read 529 times)

Offline CCRide

• Roaming America Member
New Member Here...Hello!
« on: September 15, 2014, 06:45:34 AM »
  • Publish
  • Hello to all!
    Thought I would join to add to the number of resources for cross country riding. I had a few bikes from 16 years old through my twenties. Had a dry spell for a number of years. Now, I've been riding regularly(as "regularly" as one can in the northeast!) for the past 10-11 years. I am no touring guru and I am pretty new to it all. I did my first cross country trip two years ago(east-to-west) with a friend of mine. This summer, I did a west-to-east ride(solo) from Oregon back to Massachusetts. I am strongly considering another cross country ride(solo) in 2015. I am thinking about either doing Rt 50 or a more southern route. I travel the secondary highways to the greatest possible extent. The main interstates(to me) diminish the "fun factor" and increase the "danger factor".
    Dave

Offline nomad

• RaU Pioneer
    • TiredLess Rider
    • Your Location: S. Florida
    Re: New Member Here...Hello!
    « Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 01:12:02 PM »
  • Publish
  • Welcome Dave from the sunshine state!
    That will be nice if you can do it again in 2015. If you already have a plan, start a new thread in the trip/event board to get more people to join in.
    I hope you still have some phots from the past trip to share with everyone. :)
    Have fun and ride safe
    Nick
    2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited

Offline Steppenwolf

• General Moderator
    • TiredLess Rider
    Re: New Member Here...Hello!
    « Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 11:41:43 AM »
  • Publish
  • Welcome to the site..pictures and stories are always welcome. RT 50..yuppers that is on my bucket list from beginning to end.
    1980 Yamaha XS 1100 SG

Riding Across USA on Facebook

Please "like us". Thanks!

RaU's Sponsors

Facebook Comments