Author Topic: Bucket List for 2016  (Read 543 times)

Offline fathogg

• Roaming America Member
Bucket List for 2016
« on: December 13, 2013, 09:57:37 AM »
  • Publish
  • Hello Everyone, my name is Gregg and I live and love in the piedmont area of North Carolina.  I am about 2 hours from the NC/SC beaches and 5 hours from the wonderful mountains of NC and Tennessee.  In a few years (3) I plan on a cross country trip of America.  I plan to leave NC, head to Sturgis and from Sturgis to California.  Not sure just yet on how long I plan on riding but I am giving myself a month for the trip.  When I leave California, I plan on taking the southern route along the bottom of America.  For my 50th birthday, Lord willing, I will purchase myself either a brand new Ultra or an Street Glide.  Still haven't decided on which to purchase but I still have time to make up my mind.  At this time, I ride a 99 Road King and my wife rides a 00 Soft tail.  She is a fair weather rider and I am hard core.......when I have the time.  If there is anyone out there that's looking to do the same kind of trip or has done it before......shoot me a line and let's converse.  May the good Lord take care of you all and may your rides always be safe.

Online nomad

• RaU Pioneer
    • TiredLess Rider
    • Your Location: S. Florida
    Re: Bucket List for 2016
    « Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 11:27:19 AM »
  • Publish
  • Hi Gregg, welcome!
    No matter what, you are still lucky that your wife goes along with you. :)
    Your plan route will be a very nice trip, but I have to ask, why do you have to wait for a few years?
    I cross the country yearly from FL to CA. Sometimes, I stop at Sturgis before going to CA. Who knows, we may ride along some days.
    Actually, my plan for next year is exactly what I have said as above, FL to SD then CA.:)
    Let us know how your plan goes.
    Nick
    2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited

Offline fathogg

• Roaming America Member
    « Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 11:31:03 AM »
  • Publish
  • Hey Brotha, I want to do this during my 50th birth year.  Kinda bucket list item.  Another bucket list item is to leave from NC and ride to Key West Florida for some key lime pie.......that's the purpose of the entire trip.  Lord willing it all will happen.

Online nomad

• RaU Pioneer
    • TiredLess Rider
    • Your Location: S. Florida
    « Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 11:44:29 AM »
  • Publish
  • That's cool!
    50th birthday is a BIG one. :)
    Key West ride is always a relaxing ride, but make sure that you do some study about the route to avoid riding through Miami, traffic is a nightmare and you have more chance to be run over.
    If you can ride down to Key West in September for the Key West Poker Run (my favorite), then it will be the best. Gotta book the hotel a year in advance tho. ;D
    I try to ride to Key West every year, so we can ride along down there, if you want.  Except, I camp with my trailer.
    Have fun a let us know.
    2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited

Offline socacom

• Roaming America Member
    • Your Location: S. Florida, USA
    « Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 01:51:32 PM »
  • Publish
  • Gregg,

Are you still on track for your trip in August 2016?  If so, let me know as I have that time frame penned in as a strong contender for the same routing you are considering.  I am in way South Florida so it would be an easy meet up early in a ride of this duration and start/end points of NC / FL.  I am currently on a '11 Road Glide Ultra but will be purchasing something new from the 2015 line up.

socacom

Riding Across USA on Facebook

Please "like us". Thanks!

RaU's Sponsors

Facebook Comments