Author Topic: Building the Lightest Teardrop - Tu Compact Trailer  (Read 18846 times)

Online nomad

• RaU Pioneer
  • TiredLess Rider
  • Your Location: S. Florida
Re: Building the Lightest Teardrop - Tu Compact Trailer
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 01:21:08 AM »
  • Publish
  • NoticePhotos and attachments may be viewable to registered users only.

Click on any photo to enlarge or minimize.

Even though, I was too busy with house works, but I managed to get a few more "ribs", and started to get some progress. :)

Hopefully, more works to be done tomorrow.

2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited

Online nomad

• RaU Pioneer
    • TiredLess Rider
    First Diaster
    « Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 01:03:26 AM »
  • Publish
  • Today, I have made some progress, but I also made a first BIG mistake.  Without thinking, I bonded a "rib" to the part that supposed to be left alone. The lesson to learn is the result after I removed the extra piece.

What I have learned that the adhesive is so good that it literally turned two parts into one, which I really love it. :) Here it is!

Finally, I think I have done most of the curve cuts.  The next thing is the hardest part, at least to me, the DOOR!
    One wrong cut, I have to do the whole side all over again.

Offline Steppenwolf

• General Moderator
    • TiredLess Rider
    « Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 01:12:53 AM »
  • Publish
  •  8) Which side do you plan on putting the door?I think I would go with the right side.I like it a lot so far..looking good ;D
    1980 Yamaha XS 1100 SG

Online nomad

• RaU Pioneer
    • TiredLess Rider
    « Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 02:19:59 AM »
  • Publish
  • Thanks Bill!
    That's the plan - Door on passenger side. :)

Online nomad

• RaU Pioneer
    • TiredLess Rider
    Tu Compact Trailer - The Door
    « Reply #16 on: May 10, 2013, 09:44:16 PM »
  • Publish
  • I feel so bad that the progress is so slow, as I am working night, so I don't get up until noon.  My trailer working shift is only few hours a day, even though I have tried to work on it until dark.  Anyway, here is the door cut, and there is no way to go back, unless I have to redo this side all over again.  I am running out of time!  ;D

Actually, I spent most of the day in Home Depot to see what kind of materials that I can use for my door, and especially for the trailer.  Some may say that I can look these things from my computer, but it's just me, I want to see the materials with my eyes and hold them with my hands. :)
    Even though, I have to go back to work tomorrow, but I will push myself to get up early enough to work on the door as much as possible.
    Thanks for reading. 8)
    Nick

Online nomad

• RaU Pioneer
    • TiredLess Rider
    « Reply #17 on: May 16, 2013, 11:00:42 PM »
  • Publish
  • Finally, I finished the aluminum molding around the door, but I want to put a window on the door. I still have to decide either to put a premade window, or a fabricated one by me. ::) on the other side, I already have a round window on the way.

BTW. while waiting for the parts, I start to put the top in "shape", as I know that I will have a very hard time to bend it later.  Hopefully, I can shield the bottom of the trailer with a aluminum panel tomorrow, and go from there.

Riding Across USA on Facebook

Please "like us". Thanks!

RaU's Sponsors

Facebook Comments