Author Topic: Retired and Riding  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Steppenwolf

• General Moderator
  • TiredLess Rider
Retired and Riding
« on: January 29, 2013, 08:57:15 PM »
  • Publish
  • Well got out this morning for about 15 miles each way to ride down to Miamitown to the Wendy's for coffee this morning to meet up with the Retired and riding group. It was a bit wet going down RT 128 so every time a truck was coming at me,a lot of trucks,I veered to the right of the oil slick so the spray from the tires wouldn't get me soo bad. Well there were only about 20-25 people the mostly in cars,not the best riding conditions,they usually have more but alot of the group move to Florida in the winter and ride there.I know several stay in Lakeland.

My bike,last picture got a bit dirty,it happens.
    Had no problems riding on the wet roads but when I rode thru New Baltimore and the bridge crossing the little Miami River I had to be extra careful as the Forrest Green dump is right there and a lot of sloppy mud was on the road and is very slick.Well I just kept a steady throttle and no sudden changes I made it alright but I could feel the slickness.
    A fun morning of riding.
    1980 Yamaha XS 1100 SG

Offline Roadrunner

• Senior Dude
    Re: Retired and Riding
    « Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 08:32:28 AM »
  • Publish
  • Hey Bill - I finally came back. Looks like things have changed a bit here.  ::)
    How are you doing? I forgot when you were supposed to have surgery!

Take care and stop by the Retired and Riding Group at Wendy's for some coffee and some tire kicking (don't you plan on kicking...!

this Road Runner is "Retired and Riding"
    Places I have ridden -

HAVE TRAILER - WILL TRAVEL

Offline Steppenwolf

• General Moderator
    • TiredLess Rider
    « Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 01:36:43 AM »
  • Publish
  • Thanks for stopping by Jim >< I guess the last time I saw ya was at the QS&L New Years.
    Yuppers there have been a few changes since you were here last,the HD and XS sites plus when you clickety on pictures they get larger.
    I wanna make it on tuesdays but my mornings are a bit rough.November 18th on knee surgery and then next year sometime my foot surgery,hopefully I will still be able to shift with my new left foot ;D
    Stop by more often your knowlege of the road by motorcycle is always welcome along with pictures O0

Bill and new rescue cat Train Wreck.
    1980 Yamaha XS 1100 SG

Offline Roadrunner

• Senior Dude
    « Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 09:37:27 AM »
  • Publish
  • Hey Bill - thanks for the reply. I think I will stop by more often. Glad you kept this site going! I think since I last posted I have a different ride. 2008 Pearl White Gold Wing.

Be back as time allows. Still Retired and Riding!
    8)
    Places I have ridden -

Offline Roadrunner

• Senior Dude
    « Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 09:41:40 AM »
  • Publish
  • A while back I was up on the Blue Ridge Parkway and stopped atop of Mt. Mitchell.

Had a great ride - was gone a week and that went by all to quickly!

Places I have ridden -

Offline Steppenwolf

• General Moderator
    • TiredLess Rider
    « Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 07:08:36 PM »
  • Publish
  • Well I got to another Retired and riding get together..they meet every tuesday in Miamitwn OH at the Wendy's.
    Always a fun time b/sn with the best of them...good people but lets get to the bikes.Clickety on pics.

When these guys leave you had better be ready to ride or out of the way or you might become a speed bump :o
    1980 Yamaha XS 1100 SG

Riding Across USA on Facebook

Please "like us". Thanks!

RaU's Sponsors

Facebook Comments