Author Topic: Bike Rental / Touring Services  (Read 948 times)

Online nomad

• RaU Pioneer
  • TiredLess Rider
  • Your Location: S. Florida
Bike Rental / Touring Services
« on: January 12, 2012, 05:35:24 PM »
  • Publish
  • I hope this list will be helpful somehow.
    Please suggest a good company, if you know one.
    It would be more helpful, if you can add your personal experience about renting, and touring service.
    2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited

Offline aussieguy

• Roaming America Member
    Re: Bike Rental / Touring Services
    « Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 03:58:41 AM »
  • Publish
  • Howdy nomad

After a ton of research I rented a bike for 3 1/2 weeks from Eagle Rider to ride from LA to Miami in Nov/Dec this year with my 17 yo son on the back.  We hired a Harley Electra Glide.

I always figure that one of the best ways to see how a company looks after you is to see how they act when things go wrong.

I broke down in Death Valley, smack bang in the middle of nowhere, on a Sunday night on the first day of the hire.  :(

When I got to the hotel that night at 8.30 pm (local cop took me in), I rang Jeff at Eagle Rider in LA and told him the situation - bike's broken down, it's 250 miles from LA, 200 miles from Vegas, abandoned on the side of the deserted road with police tape around it.

Jeff said "I don't care..........about the bike.  All I care is that you and your son are okay and that we get you back on your trip as soon as possible."

In 10 minutes flat he'd organised the guys from Eagle Rider Las Vegas to come out and pick us up (the next day), go and find the bike and transport us to Vegas (which was our next stop) where the fresh bike was waiting for us.  Jeff offered to have the guys bring out a bike to us, but we thought we'd better help find the bike first!

Can't recommend Eagle Rider highly enough.  Brilliant service.

Online nomad

• RaU Pioneer
    • TiredLess Rider
    • Your Location: S. Florida
    Re: Bike Rental / Touring Services
    « Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 11:56:42 AM »
  • Publish
  • Excellent report, and excellent service!
    I bet Eagle Rider will love to read your story. 8)
    I am glad that I add them on the list. :)
    2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited

Riding Across USA on Facebook

Please "like us". Thanks!

RaU's Sponsors

Facebook Comments