Author Topic: Very Basic Information  (Read 3718 times)

Offline Steppenwolf

• General Moderator
  • TiredLess Rider
Re: Very Basic Information
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 10:43:06 PM »
  • Publish
  • This is a good place to start and since you are smart to start thinking ahead of time you should be able to come here and have a great time. ;D
    http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/travel-advice/usa-advice
    1980 Yamaha XS 1100 SG

Offline aj

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 03:41:00 AM »
  • Publish
  • Im not sure about the details of what I want to see yet - im keen to not get excited about that until I know this is do-able.

Im currently torn between:
    1. getting a bike shipped out - with the benefits of know my bike, that is fits me and how to fix it and the drawbacks of having to fix it and sorting out my own insurance.
    2. Hiring a bike - benefits of insurance and help at a breakdown but drawbacks that my choice of bike is limited (Ive never ridden a cruiser and often need tourers lowering)

think ill be mulling this over for a while

Offline nomad

• RaU Pioneer
    • TiredLess Rider
    • Your Location: S. Florida
    « Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 07:26:40 AM »
  • Publish
  • For sure, you are the best one to decide which way is the best for your resources.  To me, time and money will be the keys for most of the trips. :)
    Let us know when and what your final decision will be. 8)
    2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited

Offline aj

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 06:35:44 AM »
  • Publish
  • You guys sure seem to like your cruisers!!

At the minute the shipping option seems to be winning out, Im not really a cruiser kind of girl and all of the tourers are enormous! Im going to talk to a few rental companies and find out the chances of them lowering a bike for me otherwise ill have to ship my own.

A BMW has a seat heih of 36 inches (91.5cm). To give you an idea I currently ride a Suzuki GSF 400 with a seat heigh of 30.3 inches (77cm) !! 

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/suzuki_gsf_400_bandit_1993.php

Offline schimpf

• Senior Dude
    « Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 09:22:47 PM »
  • Publish

• My big trip to the States starts on 10 April 2011.  Some of the sites I have found that were useful include:

Roads:  www.motorcycleroads.us; www.roadtripusa.com

Accommodation:  www.motorcycle-travel.net; www.hostels.com/usa; campgroundsontheweb.com

Hope they help.

Rick Schimpf

Offline HighCommand

• Roaming America Member
    « Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 08:04:44 AM »
  • Publish
  • I joined today hoping to find someone who is thinking of riding across the US in the not so distant future but could go beyond 2013. I too was thinking of a 4-6 week trek across the US. I have never gone further than one state to the next by MC but did so on a whim with a car. there was very little planning and not much adventure. I would like to at the least too venture thru each state travelled. So I will begin planning  path of travel and detail the roads and sites of each state traveled. I will also try to summarize time and expenses to help those who maybe on a budget. I would prefer planning and traveling with a group no larger than 4. If you are thinking of a possible trip like the one described but can't commit to anything that is OK. If 10 people become interested there maybe 2 that can actually do the trip when the time comes. The idea is not doing the trip alone because it won't as much fun and motorcycles don't talk back.

If your intersested please write and discuss your dream trip and where your from...for me my start will be from the East Coast in PA. The direction I go will be determined by who in the end decides to actually take the trip

JoeF

Riding Across USA on Facebook

Please "like us". Thanks!

RaU's Sponsors

Facebook Comments